Developing the Instruction
After the preplanning has been accomplished, it is time to create the instructional courseware the will form the learning platform. Developing different forms of courseware, such as activities, media, and assessments, require a certain amount of skill and art. Rather than repeating other content on this site, please read these sections as they provide a lot of good information for designing and developing learning platforms. Note that they are pretty much independent, so you can read them in just about any order.
- Introduction to ID
- Gagnè's Nine Steps of Instruction
- John Keller's ARCS model
- Merrill's Component Display Theory
- Reigeluth's Elaboration Theory
- van Merriënboer's 4C/ID Model
- Learning Design Model
- Agile Design: An Ethos for Creating Learning Platforms
- Instructional Design Framework
- Extending Instructional System Design
And of course, other related learning and training material can be found on the Learning, Instructional Design & Training homepage.
Go to the next section: Synthesize
Return to the Table of Contents