This utility is intended to help streamline the managing of AFCAD 2.x AFD files for
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. The program reads ICAO codes from each addon AFD file
installed and provides a straight-forward means of identifying duplicate airports and renaming
or deleting these files. The program can also search for AFDs within scenery addons and
identify conflicting files across different sceneries. The app will also display facilities
details from within each AFD (parking spots, parking codes and runways), giving you more
information when deciding which file to keep out of one or more duplicates.
Download: ScanAFD.zip (155 Kb)
After a long period of inactivity, mostly due to work and family commitments, I've finally been able to put some more time in on the project. The most widely reported problem has been fixed (unable to find Addon Scenery in non-English FS versions), and a beta version containing the fix is now available here.
*** Update ***
10/18/04 - Version 1.1 beta 2 released
9/25/04 - Version 1.1 beta released
- Fixed: if many addons are installed (400+) the Addon Scenery entry might not be found, depending on its location within scenery.cfg.
3/10/04 - Version 1.0 released
- Fixed bug where app was unable to find the Addon Scenery directory in non-English
versions of FS.
- Added support for fully qualified path names in scenery entries. The 1.0 version was unable to locate some AFDs within NL 2000 because of this limitation.
2/25/04 - Version 0.61 released
- Expanded Detail View dialog to include facility details (name, runways, parking)
- Added code to work around some forms of strange scenery paths
2/05/04 - Version 0.51 released
- Added scanning of all addon scenery directories
- Added dialog to display AFD file details including file path
1/27/04 - First release, version 0.5
- Improved ICAO decoding
- Fixed crash when last item deleted